Faster time to market - in fact, about 60% faster
As the promise of the connected car becomes more of a reality, today's savvy consumers are looking for the latest innovations in in-car navigation and entertainment. Tier 1s and OEMs recognize that there's competitive advantage in delivering innovative, value-added services through a car's navigation and entertainment system or "head unit."
The challenges that the automotive industry faces, though, are numerous: keeping pace with ever-changing market requirements (e.g. achieving contracting market windows); delivering superior user experiences (e.g. competitive differentiation); and designing and developing graphical displays that are simple, less distracting, and affordable.
How does Storyboard Suite help manufacturers of head units?
The Crank Storyboard™ Suite is comprised of two modules that form an automotive UI development optimization solution for developers of products that require an embedded dynamic graphical display for resource-constrained devices.
- Decreases development time because the UI designers and embedded systems engineers work in parallel as opposed to iteratively. Working in parallel enables UI designers to do what they do best, and enables engineers to do what they do best. The end result: the best possible graphical display that delivers on the goal of a less-distracting, simple—and therefore—superior user experience (UX) that delivers brand loyalty.
- Clean design, clean architecture, and drag-and-drop functionality
- Memory requirements scale to meet your needs. Expect about 200-500K depending on the profile plus the sum of all of the grapical assets on the current displayed screen. Minimizes impact on bill of materials (BOM).
- GPU hardware optimized
- The OS-agnostic Crank Storyboard Embedded Engine supports any hardware your OS supports
- Portable across your product portfolio—reuse and customize graphical display to leverage your investment in R&D
Delivers competitive advantage.
- Accelerates time to market
- Achieves a high ROI
- Achieves a low TCO