A Career with Crank Software
We're always on the lookout for talented individuals who have a passion for solving interesting problems and creating great software, so if you're interested and nothing here seems to fit your skillset, drop us a line and tell us why we should have a position for you.
If you have experience in one or more of the areas listed below, and you are interested in exploring a position, crank out your resume to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
User Interface Application Developer
UI Designer meets developer. Does that sound like you? This position requires user interface (UI) creative skills and programming prowess for creating awesome embedded UI applications using Crank Storyboard.
Applicants should be have solid written and verbal communication skills as this position includes engaging in collaborative design discussions with graphic designers (Photoshop/Illustrator folks) and system level engineers (C/C++ developers).
Crank customers build all sorts of cool applications. Some of the projects our application developers have been involved in include:
- Automotive digital speedometer clusters
- Entertainment consoles and car center stacks
- Industrial control systems with companion Android/iOS apps
- In-flight entertainment systems
- Medical device user interfaces
Successful candidates will be working with Crank customers to help them create or integrate a Storyboard user interface into their products. They will also be working on internal demonstration applications to showcase Crank technology. The ideal candidate has:
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Enthusiasm for user interface and graphics technology. UI's are trendy. We're cool, but still practical!
- Good analytical and problem solving skills. Making hard things happen is what we do, it's our thing.
- Software development experience working in C and/or C++ would be considered an asset.
- A familiarity with embedded operating systems such as Linux, QNX or WinCE/WinCompact7.
- Interest and ability to travel and work on-site with customers.
If you are interested and want to learn more, drop an email to email@example.com and we'll start a conversation!
C Software Developer/Realtime Executive Developer
If this sounds familiar, then we want to hear from you!
Crank is looking for software developers to further develop and enhance the real-time executive flavours of the Storyboard Engine distribution.
We are looking for the following skills:
- Experience working with embedded software development environments such as IAR Embedded Workbench, Renesas HEW, Rowley Crossworks, Freescale Codewarrior or ARM Developer Studio.
- Familiarity with using JTAG-based development and debugging and performing system configuration for single image systems.
- Real-time executive operating system experience. Systems that Crank Storyboard has targeted include: FreeRTOS, uCOSII/III, embOS, Integrity, and MQX.
- Experience working with embedded hardware and enough self-control that you won't toss every misconfigured piece of hardware across the room (until we are sure we don't need it!). Embedded hardware that we've run real-time executives on include Renesas SH2/RZ, STM Discovery, NXP 1788, Xilix FPGA and others.
- Experience implementing and debugging lower level software functionality such as memory pool allocators, and synchronization primitives such as a condition variable.
- Well-organized and self-directed with the ability to quickly adapt and learn new tools and environments.
- Enthusiasm and interest in graphics and embedded technology.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills are a requirement.
This is a position that will provide exposure to a number of different hardware platforms, operating systems, and development tools. If you like variety and think you are up to the challenge, we want to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Test and Validation Software Developer
Crank is looking for a software developer with a passion for building software automation frameworks to exercise all aspects of Crank Software's product portfolio.
Technologies you will be working with include:
- Buildbot (www.buildbot.org) Python based continuous build infrastructure. Builds at Crank run around the clock and we want all of our testing to run that way too!
- JUnit Java test framework drives all of our Eclipse based Designer plugins.
- Custom in-house C/C++ test frameworks for the Storyboard product that check the sanity, performance and functional aspirations of our flagship product.
- Embedded hardware and their associated operating systems. We validate on hardware platforms from Atmel, Freescale, NXP, Renesas, TI and many others.
- HTML5 and evolving web technologies. The Storyboard Browser validation testing framework tracks the work done on testing the Blink and WebKit engines and ensures stability within the Storyboard environment.
Above all we are looking for energetic individuals who are excited about working with a team that is Crank'ed about continuously improving software quality.
Software Developer -- Junior Programmer/New Graduate
Come to Crank and learn to write awesome code in the real world!
Our Storyboard product allows clients to build and deploy graphical solutions straight from a graphic designer's desktop down to an embedded device.
- If you like the nuts and bolts of embedded development and want to work more closely on core graphic primitives and embedded software architecture and design, then our Storyboard Engine team might be the place for you.
- If you are interested in user interface design and high level application development then we have openings on our Storyboard Designer team where you will use the Java and the Eclipse platform to create a world class application development environment.
- If you have recently graduated and like to program and build stuff, then drop us your resume. We have a lot of interesting challenges to solve!